Job Description: The Estimator / Project Manager will be responsible for all phases of the estimating and bidding process including pre-construction, construction, and post-construction services and performing estimate takeoffs. We are looking for candidates with experience in the commercial/residential construction industry and with the ability to produce a complete detailed estimate from incomplete design documents.
- Bid document review, pre-bid meetings, client interface, quantity takeoff, material, equipment and subcontractor pricing, spreadsheet input and proposal preparation
- Generate accurate cost analysis for labor and materials.
- Manage multiple bids with stringent deadlines.
- Provide assistance to Field Superintendents with plumbing/piping estimates, design, drawings and documentations.
- Attend project meetings as necessary.
- Study specifications and drawings to understand a specific scope of work to be bid.
- Must have knowledge regarding safety, worker’s compensation, insurance and bonding, materials as it pertains to bidding requirements.
- Be able to create, record, track, and support Change Order Request.
- Be a team player who can do what it takes to get the job done.
- Have an attitude that takes ownership of your work.
- Strong ambition to succeed.
- Work ethic of loyalty, integrity, pride, and accountability.
- Attract new customers through a combination of outside sales, professional marketing, and direct marketing efforts.
- Make site visits as needed.
Preferred Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years plumbing construction experience is required.
- Experience preparing large and complex plumbing estimates of all types (restaurants, warehouses, tenant build out, multi-story, office buildings/etc).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management and/or Engineering or related discipline is a plus.
- Know the complete estimating process from start to finish.
- Knowledge of plumbing and plumbing codes is desired.
Compensation and Benefit Package
- Market Competitive Salary based on individual experience.
- This position is full-time, Monday-Friday, with a lunch break.
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance