Plumbing issues are serious, and it is for that reason that you should always maintain at least a basic understanding of your basic plumbing needs. It is important to know when to repair components of your plumbing or when to replace them. There are also many different types of plumbing issues and solutions.
At Nixco Plumbing Inc., we strive to maintain a business that thrives off friendliness and excellence. Our team of specialists will treat your concerns as well as counsel you in expert maintenance tips. Don't wait any longer and make us your sincere Springboro plumber.
Read all about us in our customer reviews and testimonials.
Do You Have a Water Leak?
You may experiencing a water leak if you notice the following signs in your home.
- You hear a continuous sound of running water. Typically with a toilet or faucet, sometimes a tank may continuously fill and flow into the bowl or a faucet may not shut off completely.
- You notice your walls or floors have spongy or wet, moist, or discolored areas where nothing has been spilled.
- Your meter changes when you are not using any water. Take note of the indicator on your meter; do not use any water for an hour, then check the meter. If your indicator moves, you may have a leak.
- Your water bill increases by a significant portion over a matter of weeks or months.
When Do You Need a Professional Drain Cleaning?
You do not always need to encounter a drainage problem to have professional drain cleaning done. Drain cleaning is a great investment to ensure your drains are always working to its full potential. However, it is necessary when you have noticed your drains exhibiting several signs.
Indicators that you need drain cleaning include:
- Slow drains - Hair, food, or other material will sometimes make its way down a drain one way or the other. While hair catchers and drain screens do help to catch a lot of materials that attempt to make their way down a drain, they can't stop everything.
- Clogged drain - More obvious than the first, a clogged drain is a total blockage of a pipe and prevents any water from draining down it. If you find that your drains fail to clear, then it appears that you have a serious blockage in your piping system and a professional drain cleaning service may be the answer.
- Odor - Also part of the slow or clogged drain, if you have a strong or unpleasant smell emanating from your drain openings then there may be a backup of stagnating water within your pipes, which will only get worse over time.
Pipes require routine maintenance and checkups to ensure that they are performing optimally and will not produce any problems for you in the future.
Don't miss out on the savings available directly from our coupons and promos page.
Does Your Water Heater Need Repairs or to Be Replaced?
Because water heaters are composed of only a few moving parts, determining whether or not you need a repair or a replacement is simple as only a few things can go wrong:
- If a breaker for an electric heater trips.
- If you experience issues with the pilot light on a gas heater.
- If the thermostat on your water heater breaks.
- If a burner or heating element fails.
Repairing or replacing any of these components is relatively cheap and can save you the cost of purchasing a new water heater. If your water heater is over 10 years old or is leaking, however, then buying a new water heater is likely within your future.