Do you know the difference between hard water and soft water? If not, don’t feel bad. Many people in the West Chester Township area have no idea what the difference is or why it’s important. While knowing the difference between them is great, it’s also important to know why you would want one more than the other.
At Nixco Plumbing Inc, we are dedicated to educating our customers and the community about the importance of plumbing knowledge to make sure you are making informed decisions when you hire a plumber.
More than one plumbing problem occurring in the home? Nixco Plumbing Inc. has a variety of plumbing services that you can benefit from!
How Do You Know You Have Hard Water?
So, how do you know if you have hard water or soft water? Well, there are a few ways to tell. We have listed some signs that you can look for to indicate whether you have hard water or not.
- There is commonly mineral build up around your water fixtures
- Bathtubs and shower doors frequently have soap scum on them
- Water heaters seem to constantly fail or break down
- Your skin is always itchy or dry
- Your clean dishes commonly have spots from minerals in the water
These are all tell-tale signs that you have hard water in the home. As you can see, having hard water presents many issues that require constant maintenance to prevent and can even cause your skin to be uncomfortable! We recommend having a professional water test done to see just how hard your water is and consider switching to using water softeners to prevent these problems in the future.
The Benefits of Water Softeners
Having soft water comes with many benefits that hard water does not have. If you have hard water already, you can use water softeners to reduce the headache that having hard water can cause. So, what are some of the benefits of having soft water instead? First of all, you can expect that all of the problems with hard water listed in the last section will no longer occur, as well as a few additional benefits we haven't mentioned already. We will list a few here:
- Your skin will feel smoother and cleaner than when using soft water
- You actually use less soap to shower because soft water lathers the soap much easier than hard water does
- Clothes washed with soft water commonly feel softer because there are no minerals trapped in the clothing from hard water
- All appliances in the home that use water will have a longer lifespan because they won’t be clogged with hard water minerals
- Your electric bill can actually be lower because soft water is much more appliance efficient than hard water
Why Nixco Plumbing Inc. Is Right for the Job
When in need of installing a water softener, Nixco Plumbing Inc. is the right company for the job. We have been a plumbing company for over 40 years and have a wealth of knowledge and experience that allows us to not only provide excellent customer service but to get the job done professionally in a timely manner!
We also have 24-hour emergency services if you’re having a more serious plumbing issue to ensure that you aren’t waiting all night to speak with us. If you’re ever in doubt, make sure to contact us so we can lend you some expert plumbing advice.
Wondering why tankless water heaters have become so popular over the years? Check out our page to find out!